I recently installed Dokeos 1.8.6 for my Secundary School (K12+).
I was very pleased to find that I could use Dokeos for schools (opposed to using Dokeos for universities).
The way a Secundary School uses Dokeos/Chamilo differs much from an university.
We do not want students/pupils to subscribe themselves to courses but instead create a course and give a class access to that course.
Also, we don't have unique course-names (one of the mandatory fields in creating a course).
Now, Dokeos supported classes out of the box. For the unique course-name, I altered the sourcecode to generate a (fugly) random string, so no 2 course-id's were the same.
- Will Chamilo 2 support classes?
- Will Chamilo 2 have the option to restrict pupils from searching and subscribing themselves?
- and instead be subscribed through classes which are selected by Teachters?
- Will Chamilo 2 be able to auto-generate course-id's?
- random string
- or based on the course_name, appended by a random thingie?
Can you guys put up a test platform for us to toy around in?
Thanks in advance for the beautiful software you undoubtely are writing,
(also, pardon my English, I'm a native Dutch speaker)
and keep up the good work!